Hey hot potatos, I'm home again! And this time, I promise to stay. Apologies for the lack of posts, unless, you know, you can't stand my posts in which case, I think you owe me a "thank you."London was fundon, I was there for work doing really fancy things like keeping my pinky popped but it's nice to be back, namely because the UK abuses its citizen everyday with their currency. I came back with 40 pounds in my wallet which I think is enough to close on a Fifth Avenue duplex with park views. Let you know.
And now, for our feature presentation. During the one day time span I was back in New York between Paris and London, I was on Mercer and Spring, at the Mackage boutique styling their windows.
These ladies were in dire need of a grand ol' lesson in repelling, namely because they are immobile promiscuous creatures with an affinity for posing naked. And so, I barged into the store.
blouse: The Kooples, shorts: Club Monaco, purse: Alex Wang
Mouth wide open, lips tucked tight and began to wikidywork.
shoes: Christian Louboutin
My first order of business was obviously getting in to character so I put on a pair of Mackage utility pants, I ended up leaving with them later--they've got the loveliest silk pocket and waist detail--and a cool Ass, capital A, leather jacket.
I'll be honest with you, I didn't know much about their ready-to-wear but I have come across a good leather jacket or two.
Needless to say I was impressed...look at the shoulders on that thing!
When came time to start dressing the mannequins...
I was too busy playing patty cake with them.
And using their arms as phones, etc.
Eventually, I pulled it together.
And...
Gave them all...
Didn't last long though.
In fact, I started playing Who Wore it Best contests with the ceramic ladies.
Ultimately, I won because I layered shoulder pads. Also because I'm the only who voted.
And before you knew it...
My mannequins were dressed and ready! Go see them live! They're on Mercer between Spring and Prince!
From left: Ceramic Girl #1 wears a leather mullet coat with an all white insane asylum chic look underneath it. CG #2 wears with a pink blouse, bow tie optional with that fantastic red leather jacket you'd seen earlier. She gets two belts for being courageous and high waist white tea shorts for being fancy. CG #3 took a more western route and re-established the canadian tuxedo as more a cotton tuxedo with a studded button up, buttoned up and studded cotton pants that channel their inner torture instrument. CG #4 is less a repeller more just a babe in her pouffy mini dress that features a reversed racer back up top and buttery leather cropped moto jacket. I wanted to crop her torso, but no one was having it. And finally, CG #5 the leather gem. Blush pink leather shorts (which, OMG, you may or may be able to win in a future post) with a cozy, yes, cozy, leather blanket coat. If you could see the shoulder pads on her t-shirt you would be all, "Balmain who?"
Now OMFG, here's the best part: in light of the mannequins looking like babes, Mackage wants to offer you, all MR readers and flamingos alike, a 20% discount when shopping any of these looks online or in store. Holy grail! Just type in "mackagegetsmanrepelled" at check-out. Kewl.
All in all a fun night.
Especially this part.















0 comments:
Post a Comment